Impossible Decisions: Housing or Health
How can anyone choose?
Medicines or rent? Paying for food or bills?
These are the decisions many families seeking asylum have to make while they find their feet in Australia.
Choosing between safe housing and paying for medicines shouldn’t be a decision that anybody has to make. But unfortunately, it is an impossible decision that people seeking asylum and refugees often have to face because their basic human rights continue to be denied by our Government.
You can help the ASRC provide relief for families that otherwise would lack essential medications or be at risk of homelessness in the cold months of winter.
Donate now online or by calling 1300 692 772 (1300 MYASRC)
- Karen just donated $25.00
- Elizabeth McCartney just donated $53.25
- Kathleen Seager just donated $158.25
- Anonymous just donated $53.75
- Anonymous just donated $55.00
- Kirsty just donated $23.65
- Kate Green just donated $117.15
- R. Headford just donated $106.50
- Anonymous just donated $1000.00
- Tamala Shelton just donated $278.00
- Aisling Brady just donated $234.30
- Beatrice Scheepers just donated $53.25
- Anonymous just donated $2000.00
- Johari Abdullah chik just donated $21.30
- Anonymous just donated $420.00
- Anonymous just donated $42.60
- Yvonne M just donated $105.50
- Anonymous just donated $40.47
- Kathryn just donated $31.95
- Jennifer Strauss just donated $234.30
Your donation will go towards:
Paying rental arrears so that people can stay in their homes and plan for their future
"When I was living in shed with my baby... I was freezing, and alone. Those days were full of sad thinking, confusion and hunger.”
- Hajira* - Mum seeking asylum.
Being on a bridging visa without the right to work or to receive any sort of Government support, Hajira is faced with deciding between whether to feed herself, her daughter, put money aside for rent, or meet her and her daughter’s healthcare needs.
Give what you can this winter so mothers like Hajira don’t have to make impossible decisions about food, housing and healthcare.