Impossible Decisions: Housing or Health
How can anyone choose?
Medicines or rent? Paying for food or bills?
These are the decisions many families seeking asylum have to make while they find their feet in Australia.
Choosing between safe housing and paying for medicines shouldn’t be a decision that anybody has to make. But unfortunately, it is an impossible decision that people seeking asylum and refugees often have to face because their basic human rights continue to be denied by our Government.
You can help the ASRC provide relief for families that otherwise would lack essential medications or be at risk of homelessness in the cold months of winter.
Donate now online or by calling 1300 692 772 (1300 MYASRC)
- John Joseph Scally just donated $620.00
- David Parsons just donated $106.50
- Anonymous just donated $149.10
- Martin Prior just donated $106.50
- Anonymous just donated $117.15
- Mario just donated $67.09
- Maureen Poncell just donated $520.00
- Anonymous just donated $106.50
- Linda Meredith just donated $106.50
- Anonymous just donated $74.55
- Jan Wemekamp just donated $308.85
- Huyen Vo just donated $108.00
- Daniel Gray just donated $1520.00
- Andrea Gray just donated $1020.00
- Richard Keir just donated $159.75
- Anne-Maree Kelly just donated $500.00
- Anonymous just donated $251.00
- Dave Machine just donated $42.60
- Anonymous just donated $197.03
- Anonymous just donated $200.00
Your donation will go towards:
- Supporting families seeking asylum as possible to secure safe housing
- Paying rental arrears so that people can stay in their homes and plan for their future
- Providing people at risk of homelessness with crisis accommodation and working with them on a plan for secure and dignified housing
- Providing health consultations to support people experiencing mental illness or chronic issues
- Paying for prescriptions and ongoing medical expenses