Impossible Decisions: Housing or Health
How can anyone choose?
Medicines or rent? Paying for food or bills?
These are the decisions many families seeking asylum have to make while they find their feet in Australia.
Choosing between safe housing and paying for medicines shouldn’t be a decision that anybody has to make. But unfortunately, it is an impossible decision that people seeking asylum and refugees often have to face because their basic human rights continue to be denied by our Government.
You can help the ASRC provide relief for families that otherwise would lack essential medications or be at risk of homelessness in the cold months of winter.
Donate now online or by calling 1300 692 772 (1300 MYASRC)
- Brooke Murray just donated $31.95
- Janet Latchford just donated $106.50
- Shakers on Wheels just donated $79.50
- Joan King just donated $117.15
- Verity Boaro just donated $106.50
- Karen just donated $25.00
- Elizabeth McCartney just donated $53.25
- Kathleen Seager just donated $158.25
- Anonymous just donated $53.75
- Anonymous just donated $55.00
- Kirsty just donated $23.65
- Kate Green just donated $117.15
- R. Headford just donated $106.50
- Anonymous just donated $1000.00
- Tamala Shelton just donated $278.00
- Aisling Brady just donated $234.30
- Beatrice Scheepers just donated $53.25
- Anonymous just donated $2000.00
- Johari Abdullah chik just donated $21.30
- Anonymous just donated $420.00
Your donation will go towards:
- Supporting families seeking asylum as possible to secure safe housing
- Paying rental arrears so that people can stay in their homes and plan for their future
- Providing people at risk of homelessness with crisis accommodation and working with them on a plan for secure and dignified housing
- Providing health consultations to support people experiencing mental illness or chronic issues
- Paying for prescriptions and ongoing medical expenses